Translate

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mentor's thoughts from the Custom Rain Barrel Business Project

“Lead to Succeed was a wonderful opportunity for me because it gave me a chance to become a mentor and a teacher and it has been a great way for me to get a feel for the Milwaukee Public School system, as I will soon be placed in a school to shadow teachers around Milwaukee to learn how to interact and become an effective leader among Milwaukee’s new generations of learners. I feel that that future experience will only be easier because of the work I did with Lead to Succeed as a mentor.  
Not only did I benefit from the experience I got as a mentor, but I also learned many things about the Milwaukee water system that I didn’t know.  I never realized the extent that individuals like Cora Lee Palmer, from MMSD, did to help raise awareness of the water problem that we are all facing.”
–Ty Uhen (Mentor with Neu-Life Community Resource Center)

No comments:

Post a Comment