Translate

Monday, December 12, 2011

Updates from the Project Managers

Monday, December 12, 2011

How has your experience with LTS benefited you and your community? What have you learned about yourself from this experience?

 "I am studying at UWM to become a earth science teacher, and this experience helped me get a sense of what I have to look forward to in the future. This project also helped me become aware of the importance of water, and how much we take water for granted. I have learned that I have chosen the right career for myself. I love having the ability to show young minds the importance of science, and how they have the ability to change the future for the better." - Molly B., St. Joan Antida Youth Water Website Project

"This experience is one I would enjoy doing again and again. Being a project manager for the mural group wasn't easy at times. I learned that Waukesha South's student body is extremely diverse and are having some issues within the student body. Segregation is a huge problem, & diversity is not being celebrated among the student body. These students have taught me so much during our discussions. I got exactly what I was looking to get out of my time working with these students. I wanted to learn from their experiences as well as share knowledge I have learned myself through my higher education." - Taylor M., Diversity Mural

No comments:

Post a Comment