Translate

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An update from Ryan C., one of our outstanding Project Managers at the Professional Learning Institute:

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How has your experience with Lead to Succeed benefited you and your community?
 "I am very thankful for the time that I was able to spend with the students and faculty at the Professional Learning Institute this semester. I came into the program knowing a little about water issues that are currently facing the Milwaukee area, but mostly I wanted to learn along with everyone else and use the knowledge that I already had to help others learn. I ended up doing just that. I learned a tremendous amount during the course and semester’s research and I find myself applying the knowledge I gained to my everyday life. I have changed my lifestyle and really started paying attention to the way myself and others use water. I feel like this had not only affected me but also my community because I am treating the resources that we all share with a lot more care and respect."


How does your role of Project Manager add to your understanding of the course?


"Over the course of the semester I have been doing extensive research to both prepare myself for each week’s lesson and help to guide students along with their research. I really enjoyed the position being a project manager because I acted as a middle ground between the project facilitator and the students. When doing the research guide, I was able to include the opinions of both older citizens as well as youth and young adults. I feel as though I could use my experience as a younger adult to really relate and see the students side of the issues that we were researching."
Thanks, Ryan! The students at PLI have made great progress throughout the semester all because of your presence and input!

No comments:

Post a Comment